Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Printer deployment
Networking Printing (Apple): Adding Print Code to Printer Settings
How to add printer/copy codes to local printer settings on a Apple computer
REQUIRED: Print code or copy code - Contact department associate for codes (Read Disclaimer at bottom)
1. Open Microsoft Word.
2. Click on File and click print.
3. Choose the printer from drop down menu that requires code.
4. In the Copies and Pages drop down menu and select Job Log.
5. Check the Enable User Code and type in printer/copy code.
If Printer has black and white restrictions, otherwise skip to 7
6. In the Job Log drop down menu and choose printer features
a. Change Color Mode to Black and White
7. Go to Presets menu and drop-down menu and choose Save Current Settings as a Preset...
8. Name preset and click OK. Example: APPA 322 Printer Presets
9. Printing should now work with codes. Note: The printer code is now saved in preset can be used for continued printing.
If print job does not print, try some of the following tips or contact the technology help desk with printer name and code. @ ext. 5000 or stop at the helpdesk located in Sorensen Hall 105.
Others are able to print but my code is not working...
Double-check codes are setup correctly (Step 5) and that the preset is chosen that was created (Step 8)
Code worked and then quit working...
Make sure preset settings are selected and that you are logged in under same credentials
Printer/Copy codes are a setting per user profile. Which means that everyone that logs into the computer need to install the printer and add code in their settings
PRINTER CODES DISCLAIMER: Printer codes are requested and deployed on printers by the department that leases the printer and requests this option. Printer codes are the responsibility of the department to maintain and LIT will only facilitate the addition of codes to the address book when requested through a help desk ticket. LIT does not encourage the use of codes, especially an individual code for every user in a department, but understands the need to control the cost of printing. If your department chooses to use print codes it must be understood that it is the department's responsibility to manage codes and inform users of their codes.
LIT will provide the following support:
1. Documentation on how request codes to be added to the printer
2. Documentation and instruction for the end user to enter in the code in printer settings
3. Basic troubleshooting assistance with printer codes