Topics Map >
Learn@UW-Stout -- Uploading Files to My Media
Learn@UW-Stout users have access to a student centered media content repository powered by Kaltura. My Media allows students and faculty to create and collect audio and video that can be shared within Learn@UW-Stout. Faculty can share media in the Learn@UW-Stout news, content, discussion, dropbox and quizzing tools. Students can share media content in the discussion and dropbox tools.
Upload Media to "My Media" Tool
- Create, edit and save your video using video editing software. Windows Movie Maker or iMovie work well. UW-Stout offers tutorials on the use of these tools. When you are satisfied with your video open, “My Media” in the “Other Tools” dropdown in Learn@UW-Stout.
- Within the "Add New" menu, select "Media Upload."
- Click "Choose a File to Upload."
- Find and select your video when the “Choose File to Upload” window appears.
- Once your file has uploaded, name your file.
- Click “Save” The video will be converted to a proprietary format that can be streamed within Learn@UW-Stout.
- Return to the main My Media page to verify that your file uploaded properly.
Things to Consider:
- Captions - Upload multi-lingual captions to reach international, multi-lingual, and hearingimpaired audiences while also enabling in-video search within the captions.
- Deleting a video from “My Media” will prevent others from viewing your media.
- Students are responsible for keeping the original videos. All media files may be deleted at the end of the semester.
- My Media is for academic purposes only.
- The following file types are supported.
- Video File Formats: flv, asf, qt, mov, mpg, mpeg, avi, wmv, mp4, m4v, 3gp, vob
- Image File Formats: jpg, jpeg, bmp, png, gif, tif, tiff
- Audio File Formats: flv, asf, wmv, qt, mov, mpg, avi, mp3, wav, mp4, wma, 3gp, vob