Topics Map > Service Catalog > Telecommunications services > Network systems > Wireless Connections
No Wi-Fi Connection (Windows)
How to fix the issue of a student of faculty laptop not connecting to any avaliable WIFI network including non campus networks.
Uninstalling the Wi-Fi Driver
NOTE: Faculty members will need to have Admin by Request running before completing this process, otherwise they will not be able to complete the steps detailed below. See: Admin by Request (Windows): Requesting Admin Access
- Click Start
- Type Device Manager and press Enter
- Within the Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters tab
- Within the Network Adapters tab, you will see a device named Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 Wi-Fi 6E Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) Network Adapter
- Right Click on this device, and select Uninstall Device
- At the Dialog Box that appears, select Uninstall again.
- Upon clicking this, the driver will be uninstalled.
- We will now need to reinstall the Wi-Fi Driver.
Reinstalling the Wi-Fi Driver
- Select Action from the options at the top of the Device Manager Window
- Select the Scan for Hardware Changes option within this menu
- A box will appear that says Scanning for Plug and Play components
- The Device Manager window will refresh a few times and you will see the Wi-Fi Device populate once again under the Network Adapters tab
- You now should be able to connect to your Wi-Fi Network of choice once again