News and Announcements
- Digital Learning Environment RFP Update Jul 28, 2017, 8:23 AM CDT
UW System Administration’s Procurement Office has reached the step of delivering a Notice of Intent to the vendor for their Canvas product in the Digital Learning Environment (DLE) RFP process. Our current DLE is Learn@UW-Stout (D2L) and has a contract through June 2020. As a campus we will be developing transition plans as the procurement process continues. To ensure a successful contracting process, it is very important that institutions follow procurement rules during the contract negotiation phase of the RFP, as such please follow UW System Administration’s guidelines:
- WebNow does not work with newest version of Java Jul 26, 2017, 3:27 PM CDT
Clients attempting to access WebNow from HP or Apple computers with Java 8 update 141, released on July 19th, will encounter a blank page or a page freeze after signing in. Updating to Java 8 update 144 fixes the issue: Java Update.
Also, Learning and Information Technology has implemented a new browser based application that does not require Java and has additional features such as annotation: https://kb.uwstout.edu/experience.
- Revised Computer Purchasing Process Jun 29, 2017, 8:10 AM CDT
Learning & Information Technology in conjunction with Procurement & Materials Management and Business & Financial Services has revised the computer purchasing process.
Top Documents of the Week
- Uninstall Programs from Windows or Apple (OS)
- Technology Help Desk Hours
- Resetting Internet Browsers and removing Add-ons, Extensions and Plugins
- EDURoam Wireless network
- Mail Merge to e-mail from Microsoft Word and send from a shared email address
- eStout Student Laptop Program -- Transfer (graduate) Program Explained
- Software Center - Installing software on faculty and staff HP laptops
- Networking Printing - PC ~Adding Print Code to Printer Preferences