Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Printer deployment
Networking Printing (PC): Adding Print Code to Printer Preferences
Help entering in printer codes to use MFD (Multi-Function Devices) that require them on end user computers
REQUIRED: Printer installed and Print code or copy code - Contact department associates for codes -LIT does not assign or give out codes
- Use the Search icon in the bottom left to search for Printers & Scanners.
- Open the Printers & Scanner app.
- Select the printer you are looking to add a codes to.
- Click Manage.
- Click Printing Preferences.
- In the new menu, select Detailed Settings > Job Setup.
- Add your code to the User Codes section.
- Click Apply then OK.
PRINTER CODES DISCLAIMER : Printer codes are requested and deployed on printers by the department that owns or leases the printer. The department requests this option, it is not setup by default. Printer codes are the responsibility of the department to maintain, LIT will only facilitate the addition of codes to the address book when requested through a help desk ticket. LIT does not encourage the use of codes, especially an individual code for every user in a department. LIT understands the need to control the cost of printing codes can be setup at department request. If your department chooses to use print codes, it must be understood that it is the department's responsibility to manage, assign, and inform users of codes to use.
LIT will provide code support for the following:
1. Documentation on how request codes to be added to the printer
2. Documentation and instruction for end users on adding codes to printer settings
3. Basic troubleshooting assistance with printer code