Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
How to Access UW-Stout Email Account
UW-Stout email is hosted by Microsoft and accessed via Office 365
First Time Accessing your Email?
Accounts must be activated first; the activation process will provide your Stout Username, email address and establish a password.
You can accessing your UW-Stout email in a variety of ways:
- Outlook Web App: Visit the login page for the Outlook Web App or via the Common Logins page (logins.uwstout.edu)
- Outlook Desktop (Version 2016 or higher) You can find directions on how to install the newest version on our KB: Office 365: How to install Office 365 Desktop Applications on a PC or Mac (free)
- Outlook Mobile: Outlook (Mobile App): Accessing Email on Mobile Devices
Students--Don't forget the @my.uwstout.edu!
Something gone wrong?
What's your email address?
Students and alumni -- Username@my.uwstout.edu
Faculty, Staff and Emeriti -- Username@uwstout.edu
Forgot your username? Get it here!
Forgotten password? Reset it here! (note: passwords cannot be reset via the Microsoft "Sign in" window)
Can't remember if you activated? Try it again--no harm and you can test your password!
You see a different Microsoft account when you try to log in? Log out of that account and try again.
What about other email applications? UW-Stout supports Outlook Web Access, Outlook Desktop Client and Outlook Mobile App (See KB: Supported UW-Stout Email Applications for more information)
- Activate new account (Applicants)
- Applicant and New Student Guide to Accessing Email
- Campus Credentials and Email Addresses Explained
- Forgotten Username
- Changing your password (or forgotten password)
- Outlook (Mobile App): Accessing Email on Mobile Devices
- Office 365: How to install Office 365 Desktop Applications on a PC or Mac (free)
- Supported UW-Stout Email Applications