Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Printer deployment
Networking Printing: Campus Printer offline or grayed out
Student unable to print to campus network printer, that is offline or greyed out is device manager
The printer is offline or grayed out on a student workstation or student laptop and will not print.
- Make sure you are online and connected to StoutSecure or the Stout network through an Ethernet cable
- Launch the UW-Stout Campus Printer Installer found in program menu
- If prompted for credentials put in email@example.com and password.
- Check the Remember my credentials box.
- Printer will authenticate and connect to print server (Go online).
Example: Student laptop installing printer
If the above does not work:
1. Go to the printer and right click on the printer and delete.
2. Re-install the printer from the print utility
3. If codes are needed add those back to preferences
Note: If a student is not an Administrator on the computer or is trying to use a student laptop (not recommended) to print. The computer may need to reconnect and authenticate to the print server.
- To do this the student must launch the print utility in the program menu UW-Stout Campus Printer
- When the print utility launches it authenticates the students user credentials that were put in during installation.
- If the student did check Remember my credentials box or has changed password they will need to re-enter password into utility.
- Student will need to launch this print utility application on non-domain computers to print if jobs are not printing (Every network session)
- Refer to tip above for convenience in launching print utility
Change of password, best to just delete printer and re-install
Check if printer requires code if still not working