Topics Map > Service Catalog > Business Systems, Campus Applications and Databases Services > Enterprise content management
ImageNow: Search for Student Information
We will take a look at how to search for student information using Perceptive Experience.
Frequent Search options have been created and are designed to search limited drawers for specific results.
L_Frequent Searches_Business Managers
These search options should used instead of the L_All Documents option.
The L_All Documents option should ONLY be used if the desired results are not returned.
The L_All Documents search uses an extreme amount of server resources each time it is ran.
Defining the search options:
- Each search option is looking
- at all of the index keys (F1, F2, F3, F4, and F5)
- looking in the defined drawers
- Recommended searches for the best results are:
- Is Equal To = Campus ID or Empl ID
- Starts with = Last Name
- Is Equal To
- Is an exact match.
- Example: Campus or Empl ID
- contains the requested information.
- Example: A word or two of a program name
- Ends with
- Ends with the requested information.
- Example: date or year
- Starts With
- Starts with the requested information.
- Example: Last Name
- Choose Documents
- Scroll down in the view column on the left to find: L_Frequent Searches_Academic
- Click Frequent Search- Is Equal To
- Enter Student Campus or Empl Id
- Click OK
- All of the students documents that you have access to will appear
- The following search example shows documents in multiple drawers
- Returned 13 documents (lower right corner)
- Double click to open the document you need