Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Authentication systems
2-Step: Enrolling in 2-Step (DUO) Using a Mobile Device
This document provides setup instructions for the duo mobile application with your account.
- Go to password.uwstout.edu
- Enter your username. Click Next.
- Enter your current password. Click Next.
- Select Configure 2-Step Authentication
- Select Start Setup.
- Select either Mobile Phone or Tablet depending on device you are using.
- Enter the telephone number of the device you are going to use. (You will skip this step if you are using a tablet)
- Select the OS that you are using.
- Install the app on your device from your device OS application store.
- Open the Duo app.
- Tap the + button on the app.
- Scan the barcode that appears on the Duo setup page using the device camera. Do NOT scan the QR Code below.
- A green check mark will show on the barcode once this is successfully completed.
- Select Continue
- Dismiss the message showing enrollment successful.
- Select an authentication method from the Log In dropdown menu.
NOTE: You can select any of the methods, but it is recommended that you select Automatically send this device a Duo Push.
- Click Save.
- You are now set up with 2-Step authentication.
If you would like to test 2-step you can do so here http://2steptest.uwstout.edu