Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Authentication systems
2-Step: Enrolling in 2-Step (DUO) Using a Mobile Device
This document provides setup instructions for the duo mobile application with your account.
- Go to password.uwstout.edu
- Enter your username. Click Next.
- Enter your current password. Click Next.
- Select Configure 2-Step Authentication
- Select Start Setup.
- Select either Mobile Phone or Tablet depending on device you are using.
- Enter the telephone number of the device you are going to use. (You will skip this step if you are using a tablet)
- Select the OS that you are using.
- Install the Duo app on your device from your device OS application store.
- Open the Duo app.
- Tap the + button on the app.
- Using your phone, scan the QR Code that appears on the Duo setup page on your computer. Do NOT scan the QR Code below. This is only an example QR code.
- A green check mark will show on the QR Code once this is successfully completed.
- Select Continue
- Dismiss the message showing enrollment successful.
- Select an authentication method from the login drop down menu.
NOTE: You can select any of the methods, but it is recommended that you select Automatically send this device a Duo Push.
- Click Save.
- You are now set up with 2-Step Authentication.
If you would like to test 2-step you can do so here http://2steptest.uwstout.edu