Topics Map > Service Catalog > Learning and Meeting spaces > Classroom technology and AV services
How to Use the Samsung SDP-960 Document Camera
A brief summary on the use and functions on the Samsung SDP-960 docunment camera
NOTE: Not all rooms have a document camera. Other rooms may have different models, however they function very similarly.
- Turn on the projector using the teaching desk's control panel and select document camera.
- Turn on the document camera itself by pressing the power button on the right-hand side. Once powered, it should illuminate blue as in the figure below.
- You should now be able to see the document camera showing content on the screen.
- Here are some of the following features and buttons on the SDP-960:
- LAMP: enables\disables the overhead lamp
- AF: Auto focus
- FREEZE: displays a still image on the camera when pressed. Press again to show live content again.
- Zoom in\out: get a closer image of your document; up to 6.0x magnification
- Brightness increase\decrease: change the contrast of the device.
- The screen at the top of the device shows what will be displayed on the screen.
- ***If you have a SD card, you may do the following functions below.***
- With the camera icon, you can take pictures of your document
- With the film camera icon, you can take videos of the document camera table.
- You can review the pictures and video by pressing the mode button to toggle between live, picture review, and video review.
Once you are done, turn off the device by pressing the power button for 3 seconds and turn off the teaching station using the control panel.
If you are have any questions or issues with the Samsung SDP-960 Document Camera, in addition to general technological inquiries, please contact the Technology Help Desk in 109 Sorensen Hall at 715-232-5000.