Network Scanning: Scan to SharePoint
Previously, departments had to have student workers scan to a shared drive. There is now the option to scan to a SharePoint page. Follow these steps to request a SharePoint scanning folder.
Create a Scans Folder in SharePoint
- Navigate to your SharePoint page
- Open the Document Library where you would like the scans folder to be located
*Please note that there can only be one scans folder per Document Library*
- At the top of the Document Library, select + New > Folder
- Name this folder scans and click Create
- Next to the new scans folder, click the three vertical dots then click Manage Access
- On the right panel next to Direct Access, click the + icon
- In the Grant Access Menu, add scanuser with Can Edit access
- Click Grant Access
You may receive an "Undeliverable" email from Microsoft. This can be ignored.
Information Needed by the Help Desk
- The name of the SharePoint where the scans folder should be located.
- Printer/MFD name(s) where the students will be scanning (this can be more than 1 printer).
- Name of the "user" to add to the printer (Ex. Student Scanning or Scan to SharePoint).