Microsoft Teams: Adding External Users To a Meeting Using a Link
This document goes over how to invite external users with an invite link to add them to future or ongoing Teams meetings.
- Create a Teams meeting within the Outlook Calendar.
- Invite internal/external users.
- Join the meeting by clicking on the meeting within your calendar, then the Join Teams Meeting button.
- Once in the meeting, click the View Participants button located to the left of the Hang-up button.
- Click on the Copy Join Info button to the right of the invite field.
- Send the external user an email with this information copied to it.
- When the user joins, they will be moved to the lobby where the creator of the meeting will need to approve them by clicking the approve button next to their name located in the View Participants tab.