Disclaimer: This news item was originally posted on Friday, Sep 13, 2019. Its content may no longer be timely or accurate.
Posted: 13:25:48, Friday, Sep 13, 2019 Expiration: 14:25:48, Friday, Oct 4, 2019
2-Step will be expanded to more systems on September 30th.
On September 30th, all users who are currently enrolled 2-Step will now use 2-Step authentication when logging into additional systems included in the Commons Logins page (ie: Canvas, AccessStout, My UW, Etc.) as well as Office365.
Things to Note:
- Logins to Office365 (Microsoft's online resources) will be using a form of 2-step authentication that will only prompt you if risky scenarios exist. The risk is identified using Microsoft's advanced analytics systems. An example of a risky login would be when a user logs in from Menomonie and then a few minutes later logs in from London. The impossible travel scenario will be flagged as risky.
- Once you log into a system using 2-Step and select Remember me for 12 hours, you should not have to authenticate again in a 12 hour period.
- If you open a different browser or use a different device, you will be asked to authenticate again.
- Shutting down your computer can end your Duo session and may require you to authenticate again.
- ImageNow desktop client does not have the option to remember me for 12 hours. You will need to 2 step each time you log in to ImageNow
During the next few months, we will be working with several groups on campus to ensure that all employees (including student employees) will be enrolled and using 2-Step Authentication by December 31st of 2019.
-- UW Stout
KnowledgeBase: Heidi Catlin
Created: 18:36:33, Wednesday, Sep 11, 2019 (by Heidi C.)
Updated: 13:27:28, Friday, Sep 13, 2019 (by Heidi C.)