Posted: 13:25:48, Friday, Sep 13, 2019 Expiration: 14:25:48, Friday, Oct 4, 2019
2-Step will be expanded to more systems on September 30th.
On September 30th, all users who are currently enrolled 2-Step will now use 2-Step authentication when logging into additional systems included in the Commons Logins page (: Canvas, , My UW, Etc.) as well as Office365.
Things to Note:
- Logins to Office365 (Microsoft's online resources) will be using a form of 2-step authentication that will only prompt you if risky scenarios exist. The risk is identified using Microsoft's advanced analytics systems. An example of a risky login would be when a user logs in from Menomonie and then a few minutes later logs in from London. The impossible travel scenario will be flagged as risky.
- Once you log into a system using 2-Step and select Remember me for 12 hours, you should not have to authenticate again in a 12 hour period.
- If you open a different browser or use a different device, you will be asked to authenticate again.
- Shutting down your computer can end your Duo session and may require you to authenticate again.
- ImageNow desktop client does not have the option to remember me for 12 hours. You will need to 2 step each time you log in to ImageNow
-- UW Stout
KnowledgeBase: Heidi Catlin
Created: 18:36:33, Wednesday, Sep 11, 2019 (by Heidi C.)
Updated: 13:27:28, Friday, Sep 13, 2019 (by Heidi C.)