Posted: 06:18:14, Thursday, May 14, 2020 Expiration: 16:18:14, Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Learning and Information Technology will be performing an ImageNow update on Friday, May 22nd.
As many of you may recall, LIT had an ImageNow upgrade scheduled in March. This upgrade was cancelled due to the announcement that classes would be moving to an alternate course delivery method after Spring Break.
As our need to perform regular updates to software and applications continues to be necessary, we have rescheduled the ImageNow update to May 22ndat 4:30 pm.
- Beginning on Monday, May 18th a new desktop client will be pushed out to all computers that already have the ImageNow client installed.
- Users will need to connect to VPN to receive the new desktop client file.
- This can be done any time before 4:30 pm on Friday, May 22nd
- We can’t determine how long this will take as it will depend on your internet speed, but an hour should be enough time.
- Other than connect to VPN, you do not need to do anything to initiate the download.
- You will not notice the new desktop client file.
- The ImageNow upgrade will begin at 4:30 pm on May 22nd.
- Access to ImageNow and Perceptive Experience will not be available from May 22nd at 4:30 until 7:00 am, Tuesday, May 26th.
- The first time you log into your computer after the upgrade is complete, the desktop client will automatically install.
- The updated ImageNow client will also be made available to HP computers in Software Center that you can install on Tuesday morning if you do not have access to the new client after the upgrade.
- There is still no ImageNow client available for Apple computers. Clients with Apples should continue to use the Perceptive Experience* website.
- HP users can also use the Perceptive Experience* website if the ImageNow client did not upgrade on the computer.
- The link in the StoutCloud logins list will be updated from WebNow/ImageNow to Perceptive Experience.
*With the upgrade, WebNow will no longer be available and Perceptive Experience will be the only web version available. No other significant functional changes are expected with this upgrade.
-- UW Stout
KnowledgeBase: Heidi Catlin
Created: 10:47:40, Tuesday, May 12, 2020 (by Heidi C.)
Updated: 06:47:47, Thursday, May 21, 2020 (by Heidi C.)