Converting Google Documents to a Word Document
This document goes over how to convert a Google document into a .docx document so it can be opened in Word. It should be noted that this will generate a new copy saved to your computer that will open in Word and any changes that are made in Google Docs later will not change the docx version of the document.
- Open your Google drive in a web browser.
- Locate and open the document that you would like to convert.
- At the top left, under the title of the document, go to File > Download > Docx
- Wait for the file to be downloaded.
- Open once finished in Microsoft Word to verify that it converted correctly.