Microsoft Teams: Removing Your Desk Phone
Steps for removing your phone if you prefer to use your computer with Microsoft Teams.
With the migration from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams, a desk phone is no longer necessary. You can now answer and make phone calls using your computer instead with the ability to customize your phone settings as well. Before making this decision, please make sure that your Teams application can use the phone functions. A good way to test this is to call your office number with another phone. If your phone is part of a shared line please contact the Technology helpdesk to discuss the possible removal of the phone.
For successful removal of your phone, please follow these instructions:
- First, remove the ethernet cable which runs from your Computer/Docking station to your phone (if there is one).
- Unplug the end of the ethernet cable currently plugged into your phone that runs from the phone to the wall
- Now plug that same end into your computer/docking station's ethernet port.
- Unplug the power cable from the phone (if it has one).
- Bring the phone with its power cable to 109 Sorensen Hall and turn it in at the Helpdesk.