2 Step (Duo): Reactivate after getting a new phone.
How to enroll your new phone in Duo 2-step authentication.
New Phone with a New Number:
If you have gotten a new phone with a new phone number, follow the directions in this KB article: 2-Step: Re-Enrolling Phone Without Duo Device
New Phone with the Same Number:
If you have gotten a new phone but have the same phone number, you will be able to reactivate your Duo Mobile app by:
- Visit the one-time passcode site located at https://smidp.uwstout.edu/otp.aspx.
- Sign in with your username and password.
- After clicking on the continue button you will be prompted to answer your security questions.
- Successful answering of your security questions will provide you with a one-time passcode and at what time it will expire.
- Make a note of that passcode, you will need it.
- Go to password.uwstout.edu
- Enter your username. Click Next.
- Enter your current password. Click Next.
- Select Configure 2-Step Authentication.
- At the Duo Prompt, enter the one-time passcode from Step 4 and click Login.
- Next to your Duo device, select Device Options.
- Click Reactivate Duo Mobile.
- Follow the prompts on the screen then scan the QR code that is generated using the Duo Mobile app.
- When successful, the screen will give you a green checkmark and you will be taken back to the My Settings & Devices page.