BP Logix Project
BP Logix is a software solution that combines forms development and workflow into one product.
Why BP Logix?
BP Logix is a software solution that combines forms development and workflow into one product. Below are some of the added value of BP Logix.
- Sends simplified approve/deny options via email to multiple people as needed.
- Significantly reduces data entry errors by populating forms with real-time data.
- Facilitates uploading additional documents at any time within the timeline/workflow process.
- Improves routing (workflow) and reliability for documents and workflow functionality.
- Index documents directly into existing ImageNow drawer structure for retrieval and archival (optional).
- Allows primary owners to move documents through the workflow as needed.
- Eliminates dependencies on creating/updating individual workflow queues or route forward options.
- Forms, Forms & More Forms - Stout currently has 500+ forms that are listed on the StoutForms page. There are no plans to change where students, faculty and staff find forms. As forms are converted or created the form StoutForms links will be updated to the new BP Logix form.
- Updates & New Requests – In addition to StoutForms, the BP Logix team consistently receives 5-10 requests a month to convert ad-hoc forms and/or create a new one.
- Prioritization – updates and requests are prioritized by the team and LIT leadership on a weekly basis.
- Process Improvement – most forms will benefit from a process review. The length of time required will depend on the complexity of the process (form) and the availability of resources both in IT and within the involved departments.
- Connectivity – as mentioned above BP Logix can connect to other systems on campus to populate fields. This is one of the strengths of BP Logix. Special precaution will be taken to ensure access to sensitive information is handled correctly.
- PLEASE NOTE: The ImageNow repository will not be eliminated.
- It All Takes Time – The team is actively working to convert existing .NET forms, as well and critical processes that have a high impact on the campus. Changing priorities and resource constraints are an ongoing challenge.
- Development Work – is an iterative process. The IT team works with the process owners throughout the entire iterative process with special emphasis during the planning, testing, and releasing of forms.
- Audience - The entire campus can leverage BP Logix to gain time, simplicity, and optimization of existing and new processes.
- IT Team - At present the team is small.
- Department Resources - both the BP Logix project team and the primary form (process) owners will work together to validate form requirements and workflow.