University of Wisconsin System has now licensed Zoom online meetings for all UW students, staff, and instructors. UW System is currently in the process of implementing Zoom on campuses. Please visit this news page for important information and continued updates.
Beginning in the fall of 2021, UW-Stout will have both Teams and Zoom as web conferencing options. Teams will continue to be the primary web conferencing tool for administrative and business meetings, but Zoom will be available in Canvas as a replacement for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Instructors will have the option to use Teams or Zoom for their classes, but are encouraged to be consistent and use their preferred tool throughout all their courses for a better student experience.
Please review this document to review unique features of each tool and determine the best fit for your web conferencing needs. Microsoft Teams and Zoom
Account Consolidation: Users with a personal Zoom license (Pro or Basic) using their UW email address will be given the choice to merge their Zoom license into the UW System Zoom account or change the email address used for their personal Zoom license. See KB Article for more information: [Link for document 112949 is unavailable at this time.]
Switching from UW-Stout Zoom Account to the UW-System Zoom Account: If you previously used UW-Stout's previous Zoom account, you will need to switch your account to the new UW-System account. See KB Article for more information: Zoom: Switching to a UW-System Zoom Account
Setting Up Your Zoom Account: Go to https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us to set up your Zoom account. You can set up your profile and personal settings after you log in. We recommend that you follow these steps before you access Zoom in Canvas. See KB Article for more information: Zoom: How to Create a UW-Stout Zoom Account
Canvas Integration: Zoom has been made available in Canvas. You will find it on the left navigation in your courses. We recommend that you go to https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us/ first to set up your Zoom account. Please follow these steps before you access Zoom in Canvas. See KB Article for more information: Zoom: How to Create a UW-Stout Zoom Account
Please Note The Following:
- NEW! Some users with prior accounts report getting an error when logging into https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us when trying to activate their account. In this case, those users should first log in to https://zoom.us/ to give permission to switch accounts.
- If you had Zoom.com bookmarked in the past, you will want to update your bookmark to https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us.
- After you activate your account you can set up your profile and personal settings when you log in.
The University of Wisconsin System license for Zoom includes Premier+ support for all UW users vis the Zoom Help Center.
The Zoom Help Center provides:
- self service help
- 24x7 chat support for end-users
- 24x7 phone support for end-users
- Direct access to Tier 2 support for licensed administrators
- Priority response and automated escalation
For fast help, users can submit a Web Ticket Request
Users may also contact the Stout Technology Help Desk for help with institution-specific issues.