Canvas: Resolving Respondus Lockdown Browser issues
Sometimes students experience issues with Respondus LockDown Browser when the program has been upgraded. The best way to resolve the issues is to uninstall the program and reinstall it through your Canvas quiz/exam using the following steps:
- Go to the search box on your taskbar, type Add or remove programs
- Search for Respondus, select Respondus Lockdown Browser and then click Uninstall.
- A pop up message will display that says "This app and its related info will be uninstalled." Click Uninstall.
- A pop up message will display that says "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of it's features? Click Yes.
- A pop up message will display that says "Uninstall Complete". Click Finish.
- Verify that Respondus LockDown Browser has been removed from your desktop.
- Go back to your Canvas course, access the quiz/exam that requires Respondus LockDown Browser, and click Take the Quiz button.
- Click the link to Download Respondus LockDown Browser.
- Click the Install Now button. This will download the LockDownBrowser-xxx.exe file.
- Open the downloaded file (LockDownBrowser-xxx.exe), and follow the directions in the setup wizard. This will create a Respondus Lockdown Browser shortcut on your desktop.
- Click on the Respondus Lockdown Browser icon on your desktop to launch it and take your quiz/exam in Canvas.