Installing IBM SPSS for CI and Grad Students
Instructions for CI and Grad student to download and activate IBM SPSS using our campus license. Please note, this software can only be used for academic use. Requires user to be on campus or connected to UW-Stout VPN.
1. Go to https://www.ibm.com/analytics/spss-trials and select Try SPSS Statistics.
2. Enter your email and other information to create a new account.
3. Select Yes for "Are you a student?". Continue to fill out the form and verify your email.
4. When your email has been verified, you will be redirected to the product dashboard. Under IBM SPSS Statistics Subscription Trial, select download.
5. After selecting download, scroll down and select the appropriate download for your operating system (Windows or Mac).
6. Run the downloaded file and keep all default options selected. The application will open after installation with the following prompt, Activate IBM SPSS Statistics. Select Launch License Wizard.
7. The License Status window will appear. Click Next to continue.
8. Select the second option,Concurrent user license and click on Next.
Please be aware that you have to be connected to the UW-Stout VPN at this point and for further use of SPSS.
9. Under "License manager server name" field, enter spsslm.uwstout.edu and click Next.
10. The window will now show that licensing has been successful. Click finish and use SPSS as needed.