Remote Access for TW170
Directions for students to remotely access TW170 lab computers.
1. Open Remote Desktop Connection from your start menu.
2. Enter TW170-XX.uwstout.edu for the computer name. XX being 01 through 08, depending on the lab computer you wish to connect to. In the username field, enter your full email.
4. Open the Advanced tab in the upper right. From there, click Settings...to open additional options.
5. Match the options shown below.
- Select "Use these RD Gateway server settings"
- Server name: Enter "rdg2.uwstout.edu"
- Login Method: Select "allow me to select later" for logon method
- Check the "Use my RD Gateway credentials for the remote computer".
6. Go back to the General tab of your open window, and select Connect. An additional window will popup asking you for your credentials. Please enter your full email and password.
7. You will see a Duo two-factor prompt. Please select push or passcode (depending on your preference) and authenticate as usual. From here, you will be signed into the desktop.
8. Please restart the computer when you are done using it. Staying logged on will prevent others from using the computer both remotely and in-person.