Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > eStout
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Device deployment
eStout Student Laptop Program: Can I Have a Laptop Shipped to Me?
Instructions for having a laptop shipped to student from eStout Laptop Program.
If student cannot make it into the Technology Help Desk, or on-campus laptop event, to pick up laptop, they can have a laptop shipped if student provides a prepaid shipping label.
Instructions for Preparing Prepaid Shipping Label
- Use UW-Stout approved shipping company (i.e. United States Postal Service (USPS) or UPS) that provides a tracking number
- 'Ship From' address is:
Technology Helpdesk (UW-Stout)
121 10th Ave. E
109 Sorensen Hall
Menomonie, WI 54751
- 'Ship To' address is your address
- Weight of package is 5 lbs
- Dimensions of box are 14 x 10 x 3
- For your protection, it is strongly recommended that you insure the laptop for an approximate replacement cost of $1,000
- Ship only via ground transport
- Tell your shipper that you are shipping a device containing a lithium ion battery so they can appropriately package and label the box according to standards; Laptops contain lithium ion batteries and boxes must be labeled "Lithium Batteries – Forbidden for Transport Aboard Aircraft and Vessel" or the shippers approved equivalent
- Damages that occur during shipping are billable per the eStout Student Laptop Computer Agreement
- Loss during shipping is the responsibility of the sender