PaperCut Client (Windows): Student PaperCut Client Install
How to install and user the PaperCut client if you are a Stout Student Employee or if you have access to print to departmental accounts.
Add your Stout credentials into Credential Manager
- Click Start.
- Type “Credential Manger” in the search bar.
- Select Credential Manager in the search results.
- Select Windows Credentials.
- Select Add a Windows credential.
- Enter the server’s name, username, and password information (see screenshot for example).
NOTE: Username must be entered in this format, replace username123 with your Stout username.
- Verify credentials have been saved and then close the Credential Manager window.
Install PaperCut Client
- Click Start.
- Type “Company Portal” in the search bar.
- Select Company Portal in the search results.
- In Company Portal search for Papercut and select PaperCut MF Client.
- Select Install.
- Once install is complete, close out of Company Portal.
- Select Start.
- In the Start menu select All apps to show list of installed apps.
- Scroll down to PaperCut MF Client and select it to launch it.
NOTE: If you are prompted for a username and password, double check what you entered in Credential Manager.
NOTE: If you recently changed your password, you will need to update Credential Manager with your new credentials.
NOTE: If the PaperCut Client successfully launched, you will see a small window with your Balance and the PaperCut icon will be in your task bar.
You can safely close out of the Balance window at this time.
Installing a printer
Follow the instructions under the Install Printer section On Campus Printing Installation
Printing using the PaperCut Client
- Send a print job as normal.
- The PaperCut Client will pop up and prompt you to select where you’d like to charge your print job.
For class or personal use
Select Charge to my personal account this will charge your Blue Card.
Select Charge to shared account. The shared account you have access to will be listed, click the drop down to see more accounts.
If you do not see the shared account you need, you will need to put in a ticket including your username and the shared account (funding string) you need access to. If you do not know the funding string, please reach out to your supervisor.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click Print.
- Depending on the MFD is configured, your print job will either print automatically or you may need to Release the job once you arrive at the MFD using your Campus Card if the MFD is equipped with a card reader or by entering your Stout ID number.
See On Campus Printing - Releasing Prints for steps on how to release your print job