Classic Stream: Downloading and Deleting Videos
In July of 2021, Microsoft began updating their Microsoft Stream experience. The biggest change that users experienced was that all Team's recordings moved from being saved in the Classic Stream environment to users' OneDrive or in a channel. This allowed users to share, discover, and manage these video recordings just as they would any other standard Office 365 file.
Important: Microsoft will be decommissioning the Microsoft Classic Stream environment on April 15, 2024. At that time, videos that are currently saved in Classic Stream will no longer be available.
You can access your saved videos on Classic Stream at https://web.microsoftstream.com to determine if your videos need to be retained. You can view the following tutorial or follow the steps below to view, download or delete your videos.
Accessing Classic Stream Videos
- Go to Classic Stream at https://web.microsoftstream.com.
- Navigate to My content on the top toolbar. Click on the drop down menu and select Videos.
- You will see a list of your videos. Click on the three dots (More Options) at the far right. Select Download video to save your video. You can also delete the video.
Notes to Consider:
- If you only need to video for private use, save it to your OneDrive
- If you need to share the video with a group, upload it to a Team or Sharepoint space.
- If you want to share the videos in a course, upload your videos to My Media (Kaltura) in Canvas. See: Canvas: Uploading Files to My Media
- If you have any videos that should be archived, contact University Archives at email@example.com or 715-232-5418.
If you have a significant amount of videos that you need to retain, please submit a Technology Help Desk ticket and we can review options for migration.