Topics Map > AccessStout
2-Step: (New) Obtaining a One Time Passcode when you Forget your 2-Step Device
If you have lost or forgotten your 2-Step device you can generate a one-time passcode that can be used to complete 2-Step in order to login to protected services and applications such as HRS, SFS, OBIEE, Canvas, and Access Stout. This one-time passcode is good for one use and must be used within 60 minutes of issuance. In order to generate a one-time passcode, you will need to sign in and provide the answers to your security questions. If you have lost your 2-Step device, please contact the Technology Help Desk immediately.
- Visit the login page for the desired system that you are required to use 2-Step to access.
- Sign in with your username and password.
- When prompted by Duo Push, click on the Need help? link which will give you extra options for assistance.
- In the "How can we help?" page, click on the link below Contact for help to open the one-time pass code page in another tab.
- After clicking the continue button you will be prompted to enter the answers to your security questions.
Please Note: Security questions are case sensitive. If you have forgotten your security questions please call UW-Stout Technology Help Desk at 715-232-5000.
- Successful answering of your security questions will provide you with your one-time pass code and at what time it will expire. Please copy or write down the one-time pass code.
- Return to the "How can we help?" tab and click on < Back to return you to the initial Duo check and click on Other options Button.
- From the listed options, click on Bypass code
- Enter the one-time pass code, then click Verify to login.
Success! You are now logged in with a one-time pass code.