Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > eStout
eStout Student Laptop Program: Can I ship my laptop to the Technology Help Desk?
Instructions for shipping eStout student laptops to the Technology Help Desk
COVID-19 Coronavirus Notice Regarding ShippingStudents required to return their laptops will be receiving notifications from the UW-Stout eStout Business Services (SBS) directly. If SBS has contacted you regarding the laptop return, please be sure to follow the instructions contained within the e-mail. These instructions will be explicit and will provide the needed information regarding shipping. If there are any questions or further assistance is needed, please be sure to contact the UW-Stout Technology Help Desk, 715.232.5000 or email@example.com.
You may ship your assigned eStout laptop to the Technology Help Desk for return to the University; please remember the power cord and any additional accessories if you are returning your laptop to avoid charges for missing items.
You may ship your laptop for repair, however it will not be shipped back unless a pre-paid return shipping label, with insurance, is provided. Be aware that the US Postal Service does not provide pre-paid return shipping labels. You may also ship your laptop for in-person pickup by you at a later date. Please include documentation stating the nature of the problem or request. Documentation must include name, student ID and a telephone number. Please back up your data prior to shipment and indicate in your documentation if you have a good backup. Loaners will not be shipped.
Instructions for shipment
- Check your laptop for dongles, SD cards, and USB devices prior to shipment; the Technology Help Desk is not responsible for the loss of these items
- For your protection it is strongly recommended that you insure the laptop for an approximate replacement cost of $1,000 and use only a shipping company that provides a tracking number
- Damages that occur during shipping are billable per the eStout agreement
- Loss during shipping is the responsibility of the sender
- Unless returning the laptop to Stout, do not ship accessories along with the laptop for repair purposes
- Choose your packaging carefully; some shipping facilities have boxes specifically for shipping laptops
- Flat rate mailing boxes do not offer sufficient room for padding, often result in billable damages, and are highly discouraged
- Ship only via ground transport
- Tell your shipper that you are shipping a device containing a lithium ion battery so they can appropriately package and label the box according to standards; Laptops contain lithium ion batteries and boxes must be labeled "Lithium Batteries – Forbidden for Transport Aboard Aircraft and Vessel" or the shippers approved equivalent
- Ship to the following address
Technology Helpdesk (UW-Stout)
121 10th Ave. E
109 Sorensen Hall
Menomonie, WI 54751