Topics Map > Service Catalog > DataCenter Services > Storage
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Printer deployment
Network Scanning - Configure scans folder to OneDrive
Setting up scans folder to OneDrive on Lanier and Ricoh multifunction printers.
There are two possible destinations for files scanned from multifunction devices: OneDrive for Business (Recommended) and StoutFS (for those who have access to StoutFS system which is an annual cost to department). Once configured, files will be scanned to a "scans" folder in the chosen location for retrieval. Instructions for one-time setup, starting with the creation and configuration of the "scans" folder follow.
Quick Instructions for Scan to OneDrive
- Create a folder named "scans" (All lowercase and plural required) in your OneDrive
- Share that folder with a user named "scanuser"
- Create a self-service ticket and request to be set up to scan to OneDrive with the name of printer or location of printer
- Log into your Outlook Web App (via a web browser)
- In the OWA webpage, in the upper left-hand corner of the page, click on the "App Launcher" (square comprised of nine, smaller squares)
- Choose OneDrive
- Click "New" (plus sign [+] in a circle), then "Folder"
- Name the folder "scans" (lowercase and plural) then click the "Create" button
- Right-click on the new "scans" folder and select "Share"
- Type "scanuser" in the blank field then click the suggested user (scanuser)
- Click the "Share" button
- Once the folder is created and shared, create a self-service helpdesk ticket to complete the configuration of the scan folder. Please:
- Include in the helpdesk ticket the name of the multifunction network printer you wish to use. A sticker on the device will identify it.
- If you do not know the printer name, please supply the helpdesk with the building name and room number where the printer is located.
- A technology staff person will configure the printer and a closed ticket email will confirm the configuration is complete.
If scan does not work after job ticket is completed:
- Wait 5 minutes
- Check OneDrive scans folder from your Outlook Web App (via a browser)
- Users who sync to OneDrive may see delays when checking the scans folder via file browser on the computer.
Call help desk with any error messages at printer and reference previous help desk ticket number.**Only Ricoh and Lanier scanners are supported.
*Other printers models such as HP with scanner capabilities are not supported with scanning system