Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Asset Management
Asset Management -- Transferring a computer to another department
How to move a computer from one department's inventory to another's
Transferring a computer to another department
Performed by the sending department
- Click the “edit” button on the appropriate computer line in the online inventory list
- In the “Department" column, click the drop-arrow and select the name of the department to which you would like to transfer the computer or printer
- Click the “Update” button
Note that the transfer process is not complete until it is acknowledged by the recipient
Acknowledging receipt of a computer from another department
Performed by the receiving department
- Click the box in the “Verify” column of the transferred computer
- Click the “Verify” button at the top of the page beneath the department name
Inventory admins can look up the admins of other departments by accessing this Department Inventory Admins report.
- Asset Management -- Computer Inventory - Verify, change users, add note, etc.
- Asset Management -- Printers Explained
- Asset Management -- What happens after a faculty/staff computer is ordered?
- Asset Management -- Sending computers to surplus
- Asset Management -- Designating or changing a departmental inventory administrator