Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Printer deployment
Network Scanning - How to choose scan folder at Lanier/Ricoh Printer
How to choose scan folder at Lanier Ricoh network Printer
- Put paper in and scan tray
- Click Scanner button at printer
- Find username in address book
- Choose folder option if not already choosen by default (scan to email no longer supported)
- Push start
Detailed Directions at the Printer Screen:
1. Click scanner button
2. Choose folder (or a picture of a folder) from options on screen (models may vary on view)
3. After folder option is chosen, then pick a user from the address book. When a user is selected it will look like the example below: Notice the first part of the address SMB:\\scanfs.uwstout.edu
4. Load original to be scanned and click the start button.
The scanned document move to the OneDrive scans folder or the scans M: drive scans folder.
- Make sure you see a 100% or checked scanned status button if scan completed - If it did not make sure you are choosing the folder option and not email. If that fails call the help desk
- Make sure you have a scans folder (lowercase and plural) in your M: drive or a scans (lowercase and plural) with permissions proper permission in OneDrive.
- If job is completed, wait 10 to 15 minutes before calling the help desk for assistance
- Scans may not appear quickly in OneDrive sync folder. If this is the case, check scans folder via OneDrive via Office 365 online (web browser). Synced files may be delayed due to connectivity or Microsoft upgrades OneDrive.