Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Mail Merge to e-mail from Microsoft Word and send from a shared email address
To send emails to a large number of recipients, senders must use the merge to email feature in MS Word
Merging to email is a simple task performed in Word. Users start with an external file, like an Excel spreadsheet, that has a column with a complete email address and additional columns containing any other data that should be included in the email. There are many excellent mail merge tutorials, specific to the version of Word, available on the web.
In our environment users often wish to send a merged email from an office email address rather than an individual.
In order to send an email from a shared mailbox a second mail profile must be created in the "Mail" setting in the computer's Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel
- Select "Mail"
- Select "Profile"
- Click the "Add..." button
- Enter a name and the email address for the shared mailbox
- Enter an authorized individual's own password (twice)
- Hit the "Next >" button (this can take several minutes; allow the Add Account window to stay open and run while configuring)
- In the pop-up authentication window, change the username from the shared address to the authorized individual's, enter the individual's password (again) and click OK
Log into Outlook using this profile prior to a mail merge to send from the shared account (you may need to go back into the Mail->Profile feature in Control Panel and set "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile:" to "Prompt for a profile to be used."