Learn@UW-Stout -- Copy Course Components
Copying course components from a previous course into a new course.
If you want to use materials from a previous Learn@UW-Stout course in a current course, you can copy the materials directly from the course.
Watch the video below to learn how to copy course components from one course to another or follow the written directions below:
Copying Course Components Video Tutorial
Copying Course Components
Note: Times and dates will also copy over in any tool and will need to be manually modified to work with the new course. Manage Dates
- Copy the course title of the course you want to copy the components from.
- Open the new course.
- Click Edit Course in the upper right hand corner.
- Under Site Resources, select Import/ Export/ Copy Components
- Copy Components from Another Org Unit should already be selected.
- Click Search For Offering.
- Paste in the old course title that you previously copied.
- Select the desired course and click Add Selected.
- If you want to select only some components, choose Select Components.
- If you want to copy all components, select Copy All Components.
- Wait for the course to be done copying, this could take several minutes.
- If there is more content from a different course you wanted to copy, select Copy Another Package.
- If done, select View Content to view the content that was just copied