Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > eStout
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Operating system support
Removal of Boot Camp (Windows Operating System) from eStout Apples
How to remove the Windows partition from a student (eStout) Apple laptop
- Backup files to a network or cloud resource (such as OneDrive) or an external device (or both)
- Navigate to Spotlight finder. Type in “Boot Camp Assistant”. Highlight and click to open the application.
- Click the “Continue” button at the Boot Camp Assistant Introduction window.
- Choose “I already have the Mac OSX install disc” and then click the “Continue” button. Note: You do not need this disc to complete removal.
- Choose “Create or remove Windows partition” and click the “Continue” button.
- Click the “Restore” button.
- Navigate to the “efi” folder found on Macintosh HD and move to trash.
- Reboot--the removal of Boot Camp is complete.
Current students: Restoring Windows, perhaps as a requirement for a course, will require a complete reimage at the help desk.
Graduates with eStout-transferred laptops: Windows will not be able to be reinstalled by UW-Stout