Topics Map > Service Catalog > Business Systems, Campus Applications and Databases Services > Enterprise content management
ImageNow: Digital Signature
ImageNow: Digital Signatures
- This Digital signature is a legally binding signature and can be used in court.
- Digital Signatures are used on Grants and Purchase orders, but not limited to.
- Only a few people have permission to use this option on campus.
- A password is required when using the electronic/digital signature.
- Once an electronic/digital signature is applied to a document the annotations are grayed out and no longer available.
- This is different from the All Forms Name/Date Signature Stamp.
- The All Forms Stamp are used for internal approvals.
Electronic/Digital signatures are used with all the legal authority of "wet ink" but without the cumbersome and time-consuming tasks of printing, faxing, mailing and manually validating signed paper.