Topics Map > Service Catalog > Telecommunications services > Telephone/Voice Communications
VoIP - Access Call Directory
How to call a user from the corporate or personal call directories on VoIP phone
- Press the book softkey on display
2. Choose the corporate directory
3. By default search is set with T9. Change to ABC by clicking on the A/a/1 softkey
4. Start typing in the letters for your search using the number pad. Letters are listed in smaller print next to the numbers.
5. When you have the user highlighted select the Dial softkey
The directory lists all active email accounts at UW-Stout.
*Emeriti and retired faculty and staff will show up in the Corporate directory because they are part of the global email directory - They can not be contacted because they do not have a phone assigned to them.
Personal Directory: (Maximum 1000 Personal Contacts)
Dialing from Personal Directory
- Follow the directions above, except choose personal instead of corporate directory
2. Select the contact using the circular navigation button to move up and down. Click OK to select the contact.
3. Press the Dial softkey to initiate the call.
Adding Contacts in Personal directory
- Highlight "+ New contact"
2. Type in the desired contact's name with number keys
3. Use navigation control to arrow down to "Office" and type in the 4 digit extension for a Stout number or the 10 digit number for an outside number.
4. Click Save and contact will be added
Edit or Delete Contacts in Personal directory
- Navigate to the personal directory and highlight the contact
- Press the Details softkey and the edit or delete options for contact will appear in the display
- Follow display prompts to edit or delete