Learn@UW-Stout -- Grades
A grade book contains your grading system, grade calculations, grade scheme, grade items, and view and display options. Grade items in your grade book represent all the work that you want to evaluate users on in a course. You can evaluate specific tasks such as assignments, tests, and participation, and you can also create grade items and associate them with course objects such as Dropbox and Quizzes.
Things to consider before setting up the Grade Book
- What grade items do you plan to evaluate.
- Which grading system is more appropriate for your course.
- How do you allocate points or weights across grade items.
- Which grade items you want to associate with course objects
- If you want to include a milestone grade at least one during the course
- How you want to calculate final grades?