Outlook: Folders Missing (showing in online email)
If folders are not showing in the Microsoft Outlook desktop email client, but are visible in Outlook Web App (OWA) , the following two steps may resolve the problem:
1. Reset All Views in All Folders
- Close Outlook
- On your keyboard, click the Windows key + the R key to open the Run dialog box
- Type Outlook.exe /cleanviews then click OK
- Outlook will launch; check for missing folders. If the problem is not resolved, please continue.
2. Clear and regenerate the Navigation Pane for the current profiles.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 above
Type Outlook.exe /resetnavpane then click OK
If neither of these options work, please open a ticket with the helpdesk. The next step will likely be to remove and re-add the mail profile via "Mail" in Control Panel.