Topics Map > Service Catalog > Learning and Meeting spaces > Classroom technology and AV services
Distance Learning Lab/Classrooms in SORH 201 and 205
All other classroom and ad-hoc room reservations are done through the EMS Online Reservation System . See the EMS login page for details.
What: Sorensen Hall rooms 201 and 205 are distance education labs, and accommodate scheduled classes during the week every semester. They may be reserved for campus use at other times.
- Each room is a fully-equipped, tiered classroom and can seat up to 45-50 people.
- All tables have wireless internet capability, and there are control systems at the instructor stations.
- Presenters are able to connect their own laptops using HDMI or AirMedia, allowing them to display what is seen on their laptop.
- Both rooms are also equipped with a Blu-Ray player and document camera.
- Lavaliere and handheld microphones are available for presenter use, and desktop microphones are also located on all tables.
- Laptop connections using Teams, Zoom or any 3rd party platform is integrated into the room system
Who to contact: To check on availability and to reserve rooms Sorensen Hall 201 or 205 - please contact either:
For specifics about setting up remote access, or other technical assistance required in these rooms, contact Nick Dangeur or Mike Wood.
To have access to these two rooms on weekends and after hours during the week, a Request for Weekend/Evening Building Openings form:
Must be submitted to the LIT secretary in 105 SORH, signed by the building manager, and submitted to general services at least two weeks in advance in order to arrange for access and security in the building.
Caveat: LIT reserves the right to change or cancel a reservation that is not classroom-related or requiring remote access. The requester will be notified if a change is necessary. If your reservation is being changed, an effort will be made to relocate your reservation in another room in the building. However, it may be necessary for you to find space elsewhere on campus.