Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Operating system support
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Campus account > Password services
Faculty/Staff Computer (HP): Changing Your Password Off-Campus
The suggested procedure for faculty and staff changing their password while off-campus.
If you have already changed your password
If you have already changed your password and are having difficulty logging in, please visit HP (Windows): Log into campus computer for the first time from off campus.
Suggested Password Change Procedure
- Connect to the UW-Stout VPN. This is a critical step.
If you are unsure of the procedure, please visit VPN (Windows): Installation and Connection.
- Go to the Stout password page: password.uwstout.edu.
- Enter your username and password then select Change Your Password.
- Follow the prompts to change your password.
- Once changed, in the bottom left of your screen, click the Start icon then your name > Lock.
- From the lock screen, enter your new password.
Your computer should log in and you will be all good to go. The VPN can be disconnected at this time.
It is recommended to always follow this procedure and change your password through Stout's password page to limit any password-change issues.
Please remember to check your phone, tablet, or any other device that may have your password saved to connect to Stout Secure or Outlook. These passwords will need to be updated to ensure you are not accidentally locked out.
If you are having any issues with your password change, please contact the Technology Help Desk.