Topics Map > Service Catalog > Telecommunications services > Telephone/Voice Communications
VoIP - Pairing VoIP phone and computer with Better Together over Ethernet (BToE) client
Pairing VoIP phone with a PC's Skype for Business
Pairing Better Together over Ethernet (BToE) Requirements:
|Software||Version|| Operating System
| AudioCodes BToE
||1.0.20||Windows 7**, 8, 10***||AudioCodes 420HD|
| Skype for Business
|| 2015* or newer
|VoIP Polycom Conference Phone|
* Skype for Business 2015 is included in Office 2013 - Note: Must be Business version of Skype
** Windows 7 support will sun setting at the end of 2016-17 school year. It is highly advised to upgrade to the latest OS for better VoIP support and experience.
*** Windows 10 is the recommend Operating System. You can request a re-image/upgrade at anytime by contacting the Help desk.
Pairing VoIP Phone and Computer (Skype for Business)
On VoIP Phone:
Generate a Pair code
- Press Menu key on phones key pad.
2. Press BToE soft-key.
Example of a pair code
- Launch Skype for Business if not already running (Login if prompted) - (Leave running in the background)
- Now navigate to the system tray and click on the arrow in bottom right of screen to show system tray applications;
- Find the AudioCodes BToE icon. Right-click on BToE icon to display menu options or search for BToE application and click on it in the "Search Windows" or on older operating system it can be located in the application menu.
- Choose Phone Pairing... from the options Note: If you are having a pairing issue, you might have to disconnect pair before you can choose the pairing option.
- Enter the pair code that was generated earlier from VoIP phone and click OK
7. In 5-15 seconds the Skype for Business client will prompt user for password, enter password and click OK.
NOTE: If you are not prompted for Skype login go to the skype application and by the gear icon click on the arrow then choose file menu and choose sign out. Sign back in if not prompted in 15-30 seconds start the pairing process again.
8. When properly configured the VoIP phone display will flash a "Better together Activated" message across LCD display.
Tip: You can also verify connection by the two interlocking rings on the phone display.
9. VoIP phone and computer are now connected using BToE client and the Skype for Business client.