Topics Map > Service Catalog > Telecommunications services > Telephone/Voice Communications
VoIP - Pairing VoIP phone and computer with Better Together over Ethernet (BToE) client
Pairing VoIP phone with a PC's Skype for Business
Pairing Better Together over Ethernet (BToE) Requirements:
|Software||Version|| Operating System
| AudioCodes BToE
||1.0.20||Windows 7**, 8, 10***||AudioCodes 420HD|
| Skype for Business
|| 2015* or newer
|VoIP Polycom Conference Phone|
* Skype for Business 2015 is included in Office 2013 - Note: It must be the "Business" version of Skype.
** Windows 7 support will be phased out at the end of 2016-17 school year. It is highly advised to upgrade to the latest OS for better VoIP support and experience.
Pairing VoIP Phone and Computer (Skype for Business)
On VoIP Phone:
Generate a Pair code
- Press the MENU key on phone's key pad (next to the circle with the OK button in the center).
2. Press BToE soft-key - It should be the third key from the left with BToE shown on the screen. This will generate the pair code.
Example of a pair code
- Launch Skype for Business if not already running (Login if prompted and leave the program running in the background)
- Navigate to the system tray and click on the ^ in bottom right of screen to show system tray applications.
- Find the AudioCodes BToE icon . Right-click on BToE icon to display menu options or search for BToE application and click on it in the "Search Windows." On older operating systems it can be located in the application menu.
- Choose Phone Pairing... from the options Note: If you are having a pairing issue, you might have to disconnect pair before you can choose the pairing option.
- Enter the pair code that was generated earlier from VoIP phone and click OK
7. In 5-15 seconds the Skype for Business client will prompt the user for a password. Enter your password and click OK.
NOTE: If you are not prompted for Skype login go to the Skype application. Scroll over the gear icon and click on the arrow. Choose file menu and choose sign out. If not prompted in 15-30 seconds, sign back in and start the pairing process again.
8. When properly configured the VoIP phone display will flash a "Better together Activated" message across LCD display.
Tip: You can also verify connection by the two interlocking rings on the phone display.
9. VoIP phone and computer are now connected using BToE client and the Skype for Business client.