Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Instant messaging, presence, voice and video chat
Skype for Business - Making a Conference Call
Required: A PC running Better Together over Ethernet (BToE) client and Skype for Business
To make a conference call
- In the Skype for Business client, make a call, and then invite other participants
- To add more users to start the conference call click the add user icon and invite other users
3. When prompted, type in the phone number for off-campus participants or a username for on-campus participants and click to add to call
4. Enter number or username and click OK or call icon. Skype will ring other invited participants and, when accepted, the participant will be added to the call.
Note: With Better Together over Ethernet (BTOE) is connected the VoIP speakerphone or corded phone can be used if not using a headset.
5. To end the conference call in Skype for Business client click on red hang-up icon at the bottom of the Skype window or from the VoIP phone by pressing the "End" softkey on the bottom right.
Note: An unlimited number of participants can be invited to join in the conference. When a user whose phone is connected to BToE joins a Skype for Windows meeting, the phone is muted and the red MUTE button is lit. The user can unmute pressing the MUTE button or using the Skype for Business client to unmute