Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Outlook - Configuring Outlook to use another Email Profile (shared inbox) for Mail Merge
How to configure Outlook desktop application with a shared inbox(email account) to use for mail merges.
Close Outlook before starting configuration:
- Windows 7 -Go to the Start button > Control Panel > Mail
Windows 8 and 10 - On the start screen or in the Search box type in Control Panel > click on the desktop app in search results > in the search control panel upper right search for mail > click on app
2. Click On Mail
3. Click on Show Profiles...
4. Click Add...
5. Enter in profile name (Can be whatever you want but most use the shared inbox name)
6. Change "Your Name: and the "E-mail Address" to the shared inbox account you want to use for mail merge
7. Skip filling in password and click Next
Note: Passwords are not given with shared inbox email accounts, permission are granted by the owner or administrator of the inbox. In the next step you will log in with your own email credentials
8. A windows security window should pop-up. Fill in your email address and password
Notes: If you do not have permission to shared inbox have the shared inbox owner or administrator grant you access
Refer to the Outlook (Web App): Manage A Shared Email Group
9. Once profile is connected and verified go back to mail screen and change the radio button to "Prompt for a profile to be used" and click ok.
Note: Once this is done you should be prompted to every time you open outlook to choose a email profile
10. If setup correctly you should now be prompted to choose profile that you would like to login with