Topics Map > Service Catalog > Business Systems, Campus Applications and Databases Services > Enterprise content management
ImageStout - Re-install ImageNow Printer
We will explain how to re-install the ImageNow Printer when you see the following symptoms: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Reader or Pro are hanging and not responding with trying to print to ImageNow.
Reinstalling the ImageNow Printer
- Right-click this file: reinstall_inowPrinter.exe
- Select Save As and save it to the desktop:
- Go to your desktop and right click on the "reinstall_inowPrinter.exe" file and chose "Run as administrator"
- Click yes to the "User Control" message.
- You may see this message next, if so, click on "More Info"
- Then Choose "run anyway"
* The process is very fast and you should see a small box on the upper left hand side of your screen - this is re-installing the ImageNow printer, if you don't see the little box flash a couple of times, then you may want to run the process one more time before restarting your computer. *
Then you will see the following dialog box, close all applications and restart your computer and check ImageNow printing functionality.
Uninstalling the ImageNow Printer then reinstall
Second attempt - sometimes removing the ImageNow Printer and re-installing works, here are the instructions for this.
Let's remove the ImageNow printer and then follow the above steps to re-intall the ImageNow printer.
- To remove the ImageNow Printer, go to Settings and open Devices:
- In Devices, open Printers and Scanners, choose the ImageNow printer, and choose Remove Device:
- If prompted, select Yes.
- Restart your computer and then go to your desktop and right click on the reinstall_inowPrinter.exe file and chose "Run as administrator"
- If this process doesn't work, then the ImageNow Client needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled.
- Remember to back up the inscan.xml file which contains your "printing into ImageNow options". 57086
- To uninstall the ImageNow Client right-click the Start menu and choose Programs and Features.
- Highlight Perceptive Content Desktop Client and choose Uninstall, once the client has uninstalled, then restart your computer before re-installing.
- Restart your computer