Topics Map > Service Catalog > DataCenter Services > Storage
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Printer deployment
Network Scanning - Configure scans folder to StoutFS (M: drive)
Setting up scans folder to StoutFS - M: drive
This scanning method requires that the end user has purchased access to StoutFS (M: drive). Please refer to link below, StoutFS explained, for rates.
To setup scans to M: drive:
- Verify your access to M: drive
- Create a folder called "scans" on your M: drive
- Obtain printer name and/or location (devices should have a sticker that identifies them)
- Submit a help desk ticket or self-service ticket request scan to M: drive and the name of printer or it's location
*Apple user refer link below for mapping drive to connect network share for scans folder
- StoutFS Drive mappings are automatically mapped on campus Domain computers that are logged with UW-Stout credentials. The UW-Stout user must have access to StoutFS system (Departments pay for access for users). Reboot computer if not connecting automatically
- Some StoutFS drives will display with a red x, but this does not necessarily mean they are inaccessible. StoutFS drives are only available while connected to the UW-Stout network, must use VPN from off campus to connect to these network drives.
Only Ricoh and Lanier scanners are supported with scanning function - Other network printers with scanner capabilities are not supported on UW-Stout's network scanning system