Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Printer deployment
Networking Printing: Print or Copy Codes Explained
Understanding the use of print or copy codes when using a campus network printer
A print code and a copy code are essentially the same thing on Lanier/Richoh campus network printers.
Codes can only be requested by the college or departmental administrators.
**A print code and copy code are the same thing
There are two ways to implement print/copy codes. It is very important to understand the difference.
- End user does not require print code to print
- End user does not require copy code to copy
Hard or locked code usage:
- End user requires a code to copy
- End user requires a code in printer preferences on computer to print
- End user requires a code at printer to access copy feature
Codes exist in the address book and are required to print and copy. There are no exceptions which cause many issues for individual users in the departments. Codes are only recommended when two departments are sharing the cost of a printer. Individual codes create more confusion for end users and department associates because LIT does not officially support print/copy codes.