Topics Map > Service Catalog > Telecommunications services > Telephone/Voice Communications
VoIP - How to Verify VoIP phone is paired (PC only)
How to make sure VoIP phone and computer are connected correctly
In order use advanced features of VoIP phone the phone needs to be connected to your computer. This is done with Better Together over Ethernet (BToE) client in conjunction with Skype for Business client.
To ensure that VoIP phone is connected to computer check the following:
On the phone display an infinity symbol displayed.
- Go to the computer task tray in the bottom right of screen by system clock
- Look for the BToE client system icon
- Hint: If you do not see BToE icon click on up arrow to view all system icons. Find the BToE client
- If the icon looks like example above you are connected correctly.
- If the icon is grayed out or has a red x you are not connected. Please refer to How to Pair VoIP Phone & Computer knowledgebase article.
No Icon - Please install Better Together over Ethernet (BToE) client from the application catalog
Grayed out icon means phone is not paired
When a red x is displayed on icon verify network cables are properly connected and please refer to How to Pair VoIP Phone & Computer knowledgebase article