Scheduling Meeting Rooms in Outlook (PC)
How to schedule a meeting in a room with a room mailbox using the Windows version of Outlook.
- In the Outlook application, click on New Items.
- Scroll down and click on Meeting.
- In the To... section, invite all of your desired participants. Search for people by clicking on the To... button.
- Type in the last names of your desired participants and double click on them to add them to the meeting. When you have added everyone, click on the OK button.
- To pick a room, click on Rooms...
- Double click on a room to add it to the meeting. If you want to check the availability of more than one room, add all potential rooms.
- Once you've picked your room(s), click on the Scheduling Assistant button to see a list of suggested times that work for both the room and participants.
- Once you have picked a time, click on the Appointment button above the Scheduling Assistant button and then click on the Send button to send the meeting invitation.
- If the room is available, you will get an accepted email.
- If the room is unavailable, you will get a declined email.