Skype for Business -- Invitation to an external or Skype user via the Skype for Business client
How to invite a non-Stout user or user of Skype to a video conference
- Add the external user as Skype for Business contact (use full email address, not Skype ID)
- Add the new external contact in the "IM Address" field and click OK
- Start a Conversation in Skype fo Business (Gear -> "Meet Now"); a Conversation window will open
- In the conversation window, click "Partipant Actions" -> "Invite by Email"
- Outlook will open and have a pre-formatted email to send to the external user with the subject "Meet Now"; enter their address and send
- When the external user receives the email, they click "Join Skype Meeting" to join from email
- The user may be prompted to "Join Using Skype for Business Web App instead"
- The recipient may need to install the Skype for Business Web App Plug-in (help here) it can also be installed ahead of time by visiting Microsoft's Skype for Business Web App site; once the plugin is installed the user should be a participant in the conversation.
The process to schedule a Skype meeting in Outlook is similar; instead of performing steps 2 - 4 at the time of the meeting, simply schedule an appointment using your Outlook client Calendar and clicking Skype Meeting to send the invite and link ahead of time.