Residence Life - Cable TV Setup
This page contains steps to setup a cable connection to a TV in the residence halls, and some known issues and troubleshooting steps.
Connect cable cord to the wall cable jack and back of TV
- Connect one end of the cable cord to the circular cable wall jack in the residence hall room. There is normally only one cable wall jack per room.
- Connect the other end of the cable cord to the circular cable jack on the back of the TV.
- Most TV manuals and guides will explain how to scan for cable channels, specific to your TV. In the menu on the TV, choose the option similar to "Channel Scan" or "Channel Search."
- Note: Pressing "Channel Up" or "Channel Down" is not a substitute for a channel scan, and will not add any channels to your TV.
- The channel scan might take 15-20 minutes to complete.
- After the scan completes, now press "Channel Up" or "Channel Down" to change channels and make sure the scan was able to find cable channels.
If there are no channels showing up after following the TV cable setup and channel scanning, submit a HelpDesk Ticket if you would like assistance. Student technicians can help residents with setup, channel scanning, and determining if extra hardware is required for the TV.