Topics Map > Service Catalog > Instructional Technologies and Learning Services > Technogogy
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Learning and Meeting spaces > Classroom technology and AV services
Connecting a laptop using AirMedia
A quick guide to help faculty and students connect their laptop to the teaching station.
1. Open the AirMedia application. If you do not have it currently installed, please refer to these installation articles
2. You may need to open the connections tab and select connect in order to continue onto step 3.
3. On the "Enter a hostname or address" screen, type in the building\room number OR the IP address displayed on the screen. Press connect.
NOTE: While on StoutGuest, entering the hostname will lead to an error. If you are connected to StoutGuest, you MUST use the IP address of the room.
4. Enter in the code displayed in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then press ok.
5. You should now be connected to the screen using AirMedia.
6. The stop button, when pressed, will stop sharing your screen to AirMedia while still maintaining a connection to the AirMedia device. To continue sharing content, press play.
7. The pause button will put a still image of your laptop up on the screen. To continue displaying real-time content, press the resume button
8. There is a volume control in on the right-hand side where you can adjust and mute the volume.
If you are have any questions or issues with AirMedia, in addition to general technological inquiries, please contact the Technology Help Desk in 109 Millennium Hall at 715-232-500